The Aims of the Placement Cell:
To place the student in competitively good companies by identifying their knowledge skills, attitude matrices of every individual student, creating job profiles for them, identifying areas of training & various methods as per the training requirement, formulate sequence of activities to meet the training schedules for appropriate placement.
The Objectives of the Placement Cell:
The specific objectives of Career and Counselling cum Placement Cell are to: Vision:"Transferring every Student's dream in to Reality”.
Mission : “To empower students to meet Industry Challenges”
• Create awareness among students regarding available career options and help them in identifying their career objectives.
• Guide the students in developing skills and job-search strategies required to achieve their career objectives.
• Identify suitable potential employers and help them achieve their hiring goals.
• Organize activities concerning career planning.
• Act as a bridge between students, alumni and employers.
• Take feedback from industry and provide inputs for curriculum.
Benefits of a quality placement:
BENEFITS FOR THE STUDENT:
From the student perspective, high quality placements can bring a range of benefits and positive impacts. There is strong evidence to suggest that placements and work experience are extremely valuable to students, both in terms of their academic performance and their employability skills.
Improved skills and knowledge, including softer employability skills, and specific technical skills and competencies.
Placements give students the opportunity to gain skills specific to their subject or industry of choice as well as the employability skills required for real-life work. It also increases their knowledge of an industry or sector, allowing them to make better informed decisions about future career choices. Increased understanding and awareness of the world of work, accelerated personal maturity, self-awareness and ability to articulate skills and achievements. Placements provide the opportunity to be involved in team-based working, which provides a welcome contrast to the typically more individual-centric approach taken to academic study. This kind of experience is beneficial, and builds on the self-management and problem solving skills with the ability to work collaboratively.